Tuesday 10 March 2015

007 for Women


Drum roll please! Today we have a new offering from 007 and this one is for us ladies!


My husband told me that he can't read more than 10 words (I wonder if he can read at all! Hubby, if your reading, love you!) so with that in mind to sum up in ten words - 007 for Women is sweet, oriental, and value for money!

For those of you who want a bit more detail, keep reading!...

Now then, for those of you who have your skepticals on, thinking "007? Really? What a load of gimmicky rubbish" I ask you to think again! I will admit when I first saw 007 fragrances hit the shelves of my workplace I thought the same thing but they pleasantly surprised me. Before this one came out I had tested the men's fragrances (I work for a popular retailer and the second new testers come in we get all excited and have to smell them, yes it's a little sad but it's a perk of the job!) and all of them have impressed me. So I was pleased to hear that they have now brought out a fragrance for us ladies!





007 for Women Eau de Parfum 30ml* is housed in a reflective, dark, diamond-cut bottle which is in keeping with it's dangerous, seductive Bond Girl character. It is described as a modern interpretation of an oriental fragrance which I think is fairly accurate, and it dries down to really lovely vanilla, musky scent which is something I really like. The bottle comes inside a shiny, multifaceted, rose gold box (and who doesn't love rose gold these days!?) that mirrors the effect of the bottle, the bottle itself also has a rose gold ring at the top and the spray nozzle (that's a fun word to say in my head, nozzle, nozzle, nozzle) is also rose gold, it's this attention to detail that really ties the bottle and box together and gives it an expensive feel.  I know that one fragrance can't please everybody as smell is such a subjective sense, what I love the smell of, someone else might hate and vice versa but if sweet, musky, oriental scents are your thing, I think you'll love this. 

So what goes into this scent? Well quite a lot actually! Each bottle contains notes of black pepper, black vanilla, white musk, fresh bergamot, sweet blackberry, warm cedarwood, soft gardenia, and jasmine. You get instant spiciness from the black pepper, a slight fruity scent from the blackberry, sweetness from the black vanilla, floral notes from the jasmine and it's all finished off with the luxurious, oriental signature of white musk and cedarwood. It sounds really busy, but it's really not with the right mix of all the notes it's a great all-rounder and will please a lot of noses! 

Another thing I want to point out about this fragrance is that it is an Eau de Parfum. Forgive me if I sound like I'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs here, but the relevance of this is that Eau de Parfum is more concentrated and therefore gives you a stronger, longer lasting scent. Perfume has a higher percentage of perfume oil combined with alcohol compared to your Eau de Toilette (Eau de Toillette's tend to be more common and cheaper in price). You also find that you don't have to spray as much, so even though they are more expensive than their Eau de Toillette counterparts, they often reflect better value for money so the fact this is an Eau de Parfum, for such a great price point really impresses me.    

                   

007 for Women Eau de Parfum is available in 3 sizes, 30ml, 50ml, 75ml and the range also includes a 150ml Shower Gel! It retails at £23 for 30ml, £30 for 50ml, £40 for 75ml and is available HERE 

Thanks for reading!

Wench x

*This was a free sample, the opinions expressed here are all my own and not that of anyone else. I am under no pressure to give "good" reviews. Just in case you were wondering!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!