Monday 20 April 2015

A Day in the Wear of... Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet





I thought I'd do a series where I wear a certain make up product and road test it throughout a day and then let you know how I get on with it. 

So without further ado, my first instalment of this is Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet and this is the shade 11 So Hap'pink.


These are really easy to apply, the doe foot applicator makes tracing your lip shape really easy. The formula goes on really smoothly, you do need to work fairly quickly as it sets quite fast but you can layer this. It's sets to a matte finish and dries kinda like paint but it is comfortable to wear and the staying power is really good! You can eat and drink to an extent but it's not completely invincible, I ate an ice cream at the park and it didn't live to tell the tale! Up until that point it had lasted a good four hours which I think is awesome and when it did come off it came off completely, not with that awkward lip liner looking ring (if you know what I mean!). 

There are a few colours in this range and their all quite vibrant, even though this is a fairly nude, dusky, pink shade it's still quite bright (if that even makes sense!) however they have just brought out a glossy version of the same thing and I think there's quite a few of those that are more wearable shades. 

The only problem I find with long lasting lipsticks like these is that I have quite dry, flaky lips and the colour often flakes off my lips as oppose to wearing off. On the plus side, despite having dry lips (which if you look closely at the top picture you can see) these go over that really well without highlighting the dry, flaky areas.

This is a winner for me, I can put it on and not have to worry about it for ages. I don't have to keep checking on it either as I know if I accidentally touch it it's not going to end up all over my face!  

Thanks for reading!

Wench x 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!