Wednesday 6 May 2015

P*ss Easy Quesadillas



Ever get stuck in a lunchtime rut?

I do and although I may not be in work at the moment (I'm on maternity leave) it always seems when lunchtime comes along I always go for the same old, same old sarnie. Don't get me wrong I love a good buttie but sometimes I feel like a change. Today, I decided I fancied something different and remembered a really simple recipe (I don't even think you can call it that) that my brother once showed me. 

Now I'm hopeless at cooking so if I can do this then a toddler could do it! All you need is:
  • Tortillas (the floppy kind!)
  • Tomato purée, ketchup or salsa (I used tomato paste as it's all I had in! You can use whatever you fancy.) 
  • Whatever you like as a filling. You could use cheese, any veggies or meat that you fancy, I'm a vegetarian and as this was a rather impromptu idea I used peppers, cheese and mixed herbs as it's all I had in at the time!   


All you need to do is spread your tomato sauce (or whatever your using) all over your tortilla, add your fillings (here I used cheese, peppers and mixed herbs) to one side of your tortilla and fold over. Pop your folded quesadilla under a medium grill until it turns crispy and golden brown. I don't have a set time for this, I just keep an eye on it until it's done, it's no more than a few minutes. 
   

Et voila! Tasty quesadillas that are p*ss easy to make and a change from your usual lunchtime bite! You can have loads of fun with these the possibilities are endless, you could top these with more cheese and swap the filling out with whatever you want!

Bon Appetit!

Thanks for reading,

Wench x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!