Wednesday 17 June 2015

Essence Gel Base and Top Coat




First things first, I'd just like to apologise for my lack of blogging the last few days, I've been on a hen weekend and have been in no fit state to even write my own name! 

However, before I went I decided to do my nails and I'm very impressed with them! 

The right hand photo above was taken AFTER the hen weekend, five days AFTER I painted them. No chips or peeling and still a lovely glossy shine, and what do I have to thank for this? Essence Gel Base and Top Coat which are a bargain price of £2.50 each! They claim that without the use of a lamp they can make your polish last 60% longer and give the extreme shine of a professional gel manicure. I do agree with this statement initially but this is the only time I've used them and would have to investigate further using other colours but the trio I've used here has worked a charm! I definitely had my skepticals on but I've been pleasantly surprised. 

I don't think they'd be as hard wearing as a Shellac (or other branded!) manicure but I think using the base and top coat has made my regular polish longer lasting. I think the true test will be when I'm back at work (I'm on maternity leave currently) and doing more with my hands. I will definitely do an update then!  

In the mean time if your interested you can get these at your local Wilko's store or online HERE

Have you found anything that rivals a proper gel manicure?

Thanks for reading,

Wench x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!