Wednesday 24 June 2015

Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing Nail Polish




Lots and lots of brands are now jumping on the whole "Gel Nail" thing, claiming their polishes wear like the 2 week manicures you get at the salon. I gave you my thoughts on Essence's version HERE and I'm here today to give you my opinion on Barry M's version.

Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing nail range claims to give the results of a professional salon manicure without the price tag and without the need to use a UV lamp. They also claim that you don't need to use a base coat! The idea is that where a salon manicure requires a lamp to cure the polish, these use daylight and can be removed with normal nail varnish remover. 

I have the colour Peach For The Stars, which is a lovely vibrant coral colour, it applied really nicely and easily and dried quickly too. The polish is really shiny and I do agree that it is longer lasting than normal polish, however it's not as hard wearing as a professional gel manicure and I'm still yet to find one that is. On the plus side, it comes off easily and doesn't leave any staining on the nails afterwards, I was initially worried about this as I didn't use a base coat. 

There are currently seven shades in the range but it is fairly new so I imagine more will come along soon and they retail for £4.99, which for me is a bit pricey and you can only use the sunset colours and the sunset topcoat for it to work which means an initial pay out of £10 (unless you can find a good offer!) however in saying that it is still cheaper than getting one manicure at a salon! 

Get yours HERE from Boots.com or your local store.

Have you found a nail polish that lasts as long as a salon manicure?

Thanks for reading,

Wench x
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!