Wednesday 23 September 2015

Garnier Micellar Water



Micellar water has soared in popularity, particularly now that there are more affordable brands and choices available. 

But what is micellar water? I get asked this a lot and it basically removes make up, dirt, oil and cleanses the skin without having to rinse, ideal for when you can't get to water to wash your face properly! The name comes from the "micelles" which are tiny cleansing balls that float in the water and when they come into contact with make up, dirt, oil etc it can all be wiped away. Pretty cool right?

 Before I carry on though, I do feel there are many misconceptions around micellar water, they were designed to be used where water isn't available and are not a substitute for washing your face properly! I keep seeing them described as a "gentle" way of removing make up or as having no chemicals, or fragrance, or soap, or whatever other vague terms they can think of but actually, although it's micellar WATER and WATER sounds all lovely and natural and gentle and the like the fact is they do have chemicals in, how else is it going to get rid of make up etc? The idea is to use them when you can't wash your face properly, not as a regular thing. At the end of the day the best thing you can do for your face is wash it properly!

Now I've had my little rant you may notice my bottle of Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is actually empty! I find it really useful to take off make up when the baby is asleep and I don't want to wake him filling the sink up and prattling around the bathroom, or I can sit and do it in my living room so I keep an eye on him (or when he starts going crazy when I leave the room, he's at that age now) or when I'm just feeling plain lazy! I got mine on offer for around £3 (RRP £4.99) and you get 400ml of product which I think is pretty generous as other ones tend to be about half that for a similar price point. I found it to be effective at removing make up but my only gripe was that it couldn't remove my waterproof Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (more on that HERE) which is VERY waterproof indeed! It also didn't sting my eyes or skin which I have found can be the case with your standard make up remover.

All in all a thumbs up from me but not in place of a proper cleanser!

Get yours HERE or at your local store.

Thanks for reading,

Wench x

    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!