Monday 7 September 2015

A Crash Course in Driving!

SOURCE shop.theaa.com


A while back, I booked a driving course and it's finally come around! Eeeek!

I have done one before but at the end of it I knew I wasn't ready to do my test and I knew I would have failed it. This time however, I have booked 30 hours driving and I have a test included at the end of it on the Friday! No chickening out last minute that way.

Being able to drive is important to me and I'm not asking for the tiny violins to start playing or anything but my Hubby is disabled (a broken back and partly severed spinal cord from a motorbike accident a few years ago) and he can drive an automatic, but his feeling in his feet is patchy and sometimes he misjudges how much pressure he is putting on the pedals. Trust me, it makes for a hair raising journey sometimes! But joking aside we have a baby now and it worries me and as time goes on the Hubs condition will deteriorate and it will be ultimately up to me to get us around. I also live far away from my parents and I miss them so very much, I'm hoping being able to drive will help me feel not-so-far away (although I'm in negotiations to eventually move closer to them, how babies change things huh? But that's a whole post to itself!) My other danger is that I put so much pressure on myself that on test day I'll just crack up. I need to remember that if I fail it's not the end of the world and I can retake my test! But I so want to pass and get it out of the road (haaaa get it?) 

So as you can see there's a whole lot riding on me passing my test and to anyone reading this I would really appreciate it if you could wish me luck and send me some good vibes!

Do you have any tips on how to cope under pressure? Or how you passed your test?

Please let me know! I'll keep you updated!

Thanks for reading,

Wench x     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!